Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mùnqapi (Moenkopi, AZ)

In the 'town' of Moenkopi, AZ I met Isobel and her sister.

They were selling their jewelry...and story, and it was a good one (it reeled me in anyway). They told me of how they grew up 'just over there...at the base of those hills'.
And pointed to these...hills.

Next their story flowed about living as children in the area...and finding the dinosaur tracks. They walked me around to each spot.



I listened intently to their story. Their eyes would get big, filled with excitement. It was hard not to be intoxicated by their spirit. After the imprints of dinosaur tracks, they led me to petrified dinosaur bones. 

And next on the list? Dinosaur...egg shells.

Finally...this picture is proof...of a dinosaur claw scrape (the blackened marking in the center).

In the end, I walked away with authentic jewelry from my new friends...and a smile. Who can ask for a better visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment